Turns out Easter Jello Salad is an actual tradition. Thanks to the Internet, I have pondered an array of Miracle Whip-infused wonders, but have settled upon the the following recipe from RecipeZaar.
Sea Breeze Salad Recipe
45 min | 45 min prep | SERVES 10 -12
|2 (3||ounce) packages lemon Jello gelatin|
|1 (3||ounce) package lime Jello gelatin|
|2||cups boiling water|
|2||cups cold water|
|1||cup drained crushed pineapple|
|1 (15||ounce) can lemon pie filling|
|2||cups whipped cream|
- Dissolve the Jello mixes into the boiling water. Stir well.
- Add the cold water.
- Chill until thickened, then stir in the lemon pie filling and whip until well blended.
- Reserve 1 cup of this mixture.
- Add pineapple to the remaining Jello mixture.
- Pour into a 9×13 glass dish, or a decorative glass bowl and refrigerate until set.
- Fold the 2 cups whipped cream into the reserved Jello mixture.
- Spread on top on the salad.
- Chill until set.
Also on the menu: green beans with lemon, cheddar scalloped potatoes, brown sugar-glazed carrots, and biscuits (courtesy of Guido’s, thank you very much).