Leigh’s family established the Leigh Hyams Studio Residency to give an artist a free month-long creative retreat at Leigh’s casita in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. The furnished casita has a painting studio, simple kitchen, one bedroom, Talavera tile-filled bathroom, and an extensive collection of art books, as well as access to the patio garden and roof terrace. Everything you need, including organic groceries and art supplies, is within walking distance. For more information about the house and neighborhood, see Casa Duende.
1. Applicants must have some connection to Leigh – be it that they were her student, friend, or fan.
2. The residency will take place May of 2016 and will include rent, utilities, housekeeping three times a week, and assistance as needed from the bilingual property manager.
3. The residency is for one person (no friends, no family, no pets) so that you, the artist, can focus on your art without distraction.
4. The artist is responsible for his or her own transportation to Mexico, food, and art supplies.
HOW TO APPLY
Application deadline: February 5, 2016.
Answer these questions:
1. How are you connected to Leigh?
2. What would you do with a month in Leigh’s studio?
3. Please tell us about your art.
Email application to: email@example.com.